Planning to sell your home? Consumer Reports offers 8 ways to boost your home value. Follow these rules to increase your selling price by 35 percent.
Here are a few tips to protect your home and your roof:
- Remove all debris from your roof after strong winds and/or heavy rain.
- Make sure your HVAC panels are in place and securely fastened.
- Check for ice damming along your gutters and around the roof drains. Although icicles may be pretty they prevent water flow and can cause damage to your roof.
- Inspect your roof after strong winds - look for missing shingles, lifted shingles and look for any displacement of ballast, fascias and sheet metal flashings.
- On metal roofing and siding systems, inspect for fastener and panel uplift or distortion.
Topics: Roof Maintenance
Your roof is one of the most important features of your home. It protects both you and the interior of your home. But over time wear and tear from weather will occur. This is when you need to have your roof repaired or replaced. It is vitally important to recognize the signs of when you need to repair or replace it. Here are some tell-tale signs that you need to replace your roof.
Topics: Roof Replacement